It's been quite some week for HMH under-18's. Backpage of this week's JC, Player of the Week and Manager of the Week. Whatever next?
Well, how about JC Goal of the Week too?
It was a case of cometh the hour, cometh the man. With penalties looming in the Morrison tie against first division promotion hopefuls Brady Maccabi, TEDDIE LEVENFICHE hit an absolute screamer from 25 yards which rose all the way from the moment it left his boot until it found the top corner.
A goal of the week if ever there was one.
BEST OF THE REST
- SAM SOLLOSI (Redbridge JC B) - "used his futsal skills to ghost past four players before rolling the ball into an empty net"
- LORIAN MADANES (FC Team B) - trademark 35-yard free kick whic flow over the keeper into the roof of the net
- BEN BINDER (FC Team B) - won the ball on the halfway line, burst down the win past one player, cut inside past two players and coolly slotted it past the keeper
- BENNI SLUCKIS (Hendon B) - GOAL 1 - cut in from the right and unleashed an unstoppable left foot drive into the far bottom corner
- AVI MOCTON (Hendon B) - there didn't seem much on as a loose ball dropped to Avi Mocton 35 yards out from goal so he decided to try his luck. On the bounce, and first time he creamed a shot as clean as you could possibly wish for which flew past the KS keeper before he even had a chance to move
- GAB SAUL (Hendon B) - curling a 25-yard free-kick into the top corner
- JACOB GOLD (NL Raiders B) - a great 25-yard shot on the half volley, into the top right corner of the net
- JAMES RUBIN (Real Sosobad) - picked up the ball on the left-hand side and curled a wonderful strike into the top right-hand corner
- ELLIOTT COULTON (REAL SOSOBAD) - a goal to remember for Coulton as he smashed home an acrobatic overhead kick from the left edge of the six-yard box which flew in to the top right hand corner
- DAVE SHERMAN (Faithfold B) - 2-2 and in the dying minutes of a well-contested game against Fortune, Faithfold won the ball in the midfield, Leor Harel drove towards the halfway line and played a perfectly weighted ball out to the left into the path of Sherman. He took a few touches and drilled it past the Fortune keeper from the edge of the box - a goal that sealed a comeback from 2-1 down and kept a winning start to the season going
- JAMES GERSHFIELD (Harmen) - GOAL 1 - came from the telepathic link up of Gottlieb which left Gersh with a simple tap in
- DAVE WOOLMAN (Oakwood A) - brilliant move saw Oaks break down the right, Harvey Kaye skinned the full-back and sent over a deep cross to the far post where Wooly arrived and caught it flush on the volley with his left foot. Sent it into the near top corner
- ADAM STOLERMAN (FC Team C) - GOAL 1 - a corner that flew straight into the top corner
- ADAM STOLERMAN (FC Team C) - GOAL 3 - Beautifully chipped finish to lift the ball over the goalkeeper from 20 yards
- DAVE SAWYER (Temple Fortune) - a typically superb delivery from Matt Leader leading to a diving header from the edge of the box that went in off the far post
- NICKY STONE (Temple Fortune) - a real team goal that saw the ball worked across the back four, up the right wing, back into the midfield and squared into the box which saw Stone marauding all the way from left back to perfectly arrive in time to bury it from 12 yards inside the near post
- ROB HERSHKORN (Camden Park) – a beautiful lay-off from Richard Silver, with his chest, fell into the path of Rob, 10 yards or so outside of the area. Rob took one touch and then drove the ball into the bottom left corner - the ball hit the net before the keeper had even finished diving for it. The goal itself was brilliant, but it also came at a point when we needed it the most. A true skipper's goal!