If you fancy a spot of cake to go with your cuppa, you'll be able to rustle up one of these in the time it takes your tea to reach the perfect temperature! A handful of cupboard ingredients, 1 mixing bowl and 80 seconds in the microwave gives you the easiest, gooiest chocolate dessert that makes the perfect sweet treat for 1 (or 2 if you're feeling generous).
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 80 seconds
For the cake:
3 tbsp self-raising flour
3 tbsp caster sugar
1½ tbsp cacao powder
¼ tsp baking powder
½ tsp table salt
4 tbsp oat milk
2 tbsp vegetable oil
½ tsp vanilla extract
30g plant-based dark chocolate (about 3 chunks)
Plant-based ice cream
You will need a large microwavable mug
- To make the cake mixture, put the flour, sugar, cacao powder, baking powder and salt in a large microwaveable mug and mix well using a fork until there are no lumps.
- Add the oat milk, vegetable oil and vanilla extract and mix again until the mixture comes together and becomes smooth.
- Place the chocolate pieces on top of the mixture and push into the centre using your finger or the fork so it sinks into the batter.
- Place the mug in the microwave and cook for 80 seconds- no longer otherwise it might spill over
- Serve the mug cake with a dollop of plant-based ice cream on top
Recipe adapted from: BOSH! Meat: Over 100 Outrageously tasty recipes (HQ, HarperCollins).