This salad is healthy, quick and tasty and works really well served on a large platter as part of a buffet. Alternatively,you can serve it on individual salad plates
as a starter.
Serves: 4-6 as starter or
Preparation: 10 minutes
150g rocket, washed and ready to serve
4 cooked beetroots
4 tsp rice vinegar
6 tbsp soya sauce
4 tbsp toasted sesame oil
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
2 tbsp sesame seeds
1 tbsp poppy seeds
2-3 small radishes, finely
sliced into rounds (optional)
● Rinse the beetroot and pat it dry.
● Finely slice it into thin rounds – ideally with a mandolin -
and arrange the slices close to each other around the edge of a large platter to create an outer circle.
● Arrange the rocket salad in the middle of the plate and scatter over the finely sliced radish.
● Prepare the dressing by mixing the soya sauce, the sesame oil, the rice vinegar and the extra virgin olive oil really well with a hand whisk, or by putting
the ingredients in a jar with a lid, and shaking it well until the dressing has emulsified.
● Sprinkle the poppy and sesame seeds on top of the beetroot and rocket and then drizzle the dressing over it.