- Pre-heat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-assisted).
- In a large mixing bowl beat the eggs, add the almond butter and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl mix the ground almonds, coconut sugar, chocolate chips, salt and baking powder until everything is evenly distributed. Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, until fully combined - the mixture will be very sticky. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Line two baking trays with a silicone baking mat or baking parchment. Use a tablespoon to spoon 10 cookies onto the tray, keeping them about 7cm apart. Shape them into biscuits with wet hands.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges. Cool on the tray for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool underneath. l These cookies taste great straight from the oven, or they will keep for 1 week stored in an air tight container.
They are also gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar-free. Refrigerate the dough prior to baking for 30 minutes to prevent the cookies from spreading.