After hours of deliberation, the JC panel of judges commended Oakwood's Jason Stein and Harmen's Joel Alterman for their post-match quips, but it was left to the chief honcho from Essex to bag this week's top prize.
JOSH HAMBLING (Real Sosobad) - "As the games go by each week, Shafrinho pulls another rabbit out of the hat. Setting up today, we went for it with a 3-4-3 which clearly paid off - I nearly fainted when I got told after breaking the fast. Easily manager of the week for me and a special mention to El 'Cole' Coulton for his acrobatic goal today. Nobody expects a kid of that size to get off he ground like that especially after clearing out half the deli's in Essex for Yom Kippur dinner!"
BEST OF THE REST
- JON JACOBS (Redbridge JC B) - "The boys want a tie up north, the management want a home tie at Fairlop"
- ADAM GLEKIN (Hendon B) - QUOTE 1 - "I think we need a goal of the week competition just for our boys this week!"
- ADAM GLEKIN (Hendon B) - QUOTE 2 - "I can occasionally be a little 'Neville-esque on Mignolet' harsh with my criticism of Chaim Strom, so it's only fair to give him some praise as he was outstanding today playing out of position at centre back"
- DAVID GARBACZ (Hendon A) - "We probably have greater strength in depth this year than last year. I might have to insist the boys fast before every big game in future!"
- JASON STEIN (Oakwood B) - "We knew Lions would come out flying - a whole day at home fasting with a wife and children screaming was always going to get them up for the game - and so they did"
- CLIVE NATHAN (AC Whetstone) - "The best thing about today was playing on the top pitch at Rowley Lane. The boys actually asked if it was astro turf! Many thanks to Lions for that"
- JOEL ALTERMAN (Harmen) - "I’ve got a feeling we may need to buy a few more match balls this season, the way Gersh has started it looks like he could well be scoring a few more hat-tricks before the season is done"
- JOE MARSH (Harmen) - "We weren’t at our best today but we showed that we can still win without producing the best football which is always a great sign. As long as we continue to get the ball up to our front players, we know that the quality is there to produce the finishes. This week it was a case of feed the Gersh and he will score"
- RIC BLANK (Oakwood A) - "We are not good enough to neglect the basics. Clear the ball, don't let it bounce, attack it, track back to help the defence, talk, etc, etc. Until the boys realise that these basics are more important the bigger the game we will never challenge for top honours"
- ROB RICHMAN (NL Raiders A) - "We know every week in this league it’s a real test so we will just try to keep doing the basics right and we will see how far that takes us"