The exchange between rival bosses Simon Linden and Viv Emanuel had everyone talking, but in the end the award went to a familiar voice. Yes, you guessed it, the favourite for JC Quote of the Season has done it again. He's even funny after a defeat.
JASON STEIN (Oakwood B) "This was a bit of a case of fur coat and no knickers against AC Whetstone and I fully understand why the fans were so aggrieved at the end of the came. They pay their tzedakah and they are fully entitled to their opinions"
BEST OF THE REST
- JEREMY BROWN (London Rovers) - "Another hat-trick for Avi - four in a row. I'm not quite sure what else I can say about that other than well done to him and the rest of the team for giving him such superb service"
- SIMON LINDEN (Blizzard Storm) - "We're in advanced talks to sign London Rovers centre forward Avi Markiewicz – who has scored four hat-tricks in four games". Linden declined to comment on leaving Brunel, the car window went down but only to sign autographs. Chairman Nick Rubin mentioned that a deal could be confirmed this week, Viv Emmanuel needs the money!
- VIV EMANUEL (London Rovers) - "I will tell Simon Linden, to put his money where his mouth is ... my house could do with a loft extension"
- RICKY LAWRENCE (SPEC FC) - "We'd like to thank Oli Henry of Blizzard Storm who was great with helping Simon Bagel who suffered a bad head injury towards the end of the game"
- RIC BLANK (Oakwood A) - "It was a roller-coaster of a game - the sort of incident filled, see-saw of a game you only get in the cup. How we didn't settle the issue in normal time I'll never know"
- JONATHAN ADELMAN (NL Raiders A) - "The outstanding player on the pitch was Matt Stock, he was in irresistible form and at times completely unplayable"
- DAVID GORDON (FC Team C) - "I’m not sorry that this is the last time we will face our B-team this season!"
- JASON STEIN (Oakwood B) - QUOTE 2 - "I know social media was abuzz last night after one or two players were spotted in Whitehouse 'celebrating', but the players are allowed a life and I encourage them to switch off after the match. I'm assured they were only drinking mango juice and nothing stronger"
- ZACK GOTHELF (NLR C) - "Although the pressure had been starting to build, everyone at the club knew we'd been performing well enough to not be too disheartened, but this was a big big win and well deserved"
JAKE ERLICH (Jewdinese) - "The question on everyone's lips was could Norstar do it on a cold Sunday morning away to the nese? The answer was no."