I am researching the anti-Jewish riots in Tredegar in 1911 and have come across some of the family names from that time.. If any of your readers has any information about these people or their whereabouts I would like to hear from them.
I am hoping to do an exhibition in 2011 and will put as much as I can into this exhibition.
1. Aaron Wolfson also known prior to this date as Zamchover. He had six children, Leua Isaac Bertha Moses Anna and Samuel. His wife’s name was not given as in the rest of the items following.
Parents were Wolf and Kate Zamchover.
2. Marks Cohen. Also known as Mark Cohen.
He had six children by the names of Reuben Harry Emanuel Joshua Israel Rosia and Miriam.
Parents were Abraham Isaac and Sarah Rebekah Cohen.
3. Abraham Craimer. He had three children as follows, Rosa Lena Harris Esau and David.
Parents were Moses and Edith Craimer.
4. Joseph Schumaker (alias Cohen).
Children’s names were Isaac Israel and Hetty Schumaker.
5. Frederick Winkermantle.
No children mentioned as he was 60 at the time of this application to become a British citizen.
His parents were Nimis and Maria Winkermantle.
6. Beny Hyman (from Cym) Parents were Berl and Leah Hyman.
If your readers know the whereabouts of any of these people or their descendants, I would love to hear from them and to tell them of what went on in 1911.
All of the information above is taken from the National archives in London. If there are photos of any of these people I would love also to have copies of them for my records and also for the exhibition I am hoping to hold next year.
2 Lodden Close