Serves: 6 - 8 (as a side dish)
500g bulgur wheat
720ml boiling water
1 cup chopped parsley
30 red grapes cut into quarters
10 figs cut into quarters
1 pomegranate, seeds only
10 chopped pitted dates
60ml olive oil
3 lemons, juice only
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
● Put the bulgur wheat in a heatproof bowl and pour over the boiling water. Cover with a plate or clingfilm and leave to stand for 30 minutes.
● If the mixture is absorbing the water too quickly, add 1 tablespoon or more of water.
● After 30 minutes the bulgur wheat should be tender. Drain it well and return it to a dry bowl.
● Add the rest of the salad ingredients and gently mix together. Check for seasoning and add more juice, salt or pepper or olive oil according to taste.
● You can make it in advance but as it tends to suck up the flavourings you may need to add more seasonings before serving.