This coconut & courgette loaf can be served either as an accompaniment to a sweet mealtime or savoury. It’s light, incredibly moist. I love it with soup or with smashed avocado, eggs and chilli oil.
- Pre-heat the oven to 170°C (150°C fan-assisted) and line a loaf tin with baking parchment.
- In a food processor, or by hand, beat the eggs until smooth and add the maple syrup or agave nectar and blend. Then add the coconut flour, vanilla, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, cinnamon and sea salt and blend together, then add the grated courgette and blend into the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and smooth out the mixture until level.
- To make the crumble topping: put the coconut oil, coconut flour, maple syrup of agave nectar, cinnamon in a mixing bowl with 2 pinches of sea salt. Mix well then fold in the chopped pecans, pour the topping over the mixture and bake in a pre-heated oven for 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven, take it out of the tin and place it on a wire rack to cool.