Find out more here.
- Wash the vegetables and pat dry.
- Add the soya and ginger to the eggs. Add the vegetables and mix. Ideally marinate for a few hours or overnight in the fridge, or at least for 30 minutes.
- When ready to fry, set out two dishes - one of panko crumbs and one of beaten egg.
- Roll each vegetable first in panko crumbs, then the egg and again in the panko, for an extra crispy finish.
- Heat the oil in a frying/saucepan. When it’s hot – but be careful not to overheat it otherwise they burn too quickly — fry each vegetable in small batches for a couple of minutes until golden, turning them once. Do not fry too many at once and allow to oil to heat up again if it’s starting to cool. If you have a deep fat frier, fry it at 120°C-130°C.
- Drain over a sieve or colander while the next batch is frying, then transfer onto a plate lined with kitchen towel just before draining the next batch.
- Serve the hot, crisp veggies as a starter or canape in small pretty bowls.
- If serving the dip, gently stir the lemon zest into the sour cream and top with chopped chives or parsley.