Keep up with Fabienne on Instagram here
- Heat your oven to 175°C and line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Wash the beetroot and cut into pieces about 2.5cm square. Spread them over the oven tray, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, then mix to ensure the beetroot pieces are all coated with oil.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes, drizzling with honey after 35min.
- To make the hummus, place the chickpeas, garlic, tahini,cumin, lemon juice, pistachios and oil in a food processor or blender and blitz until smooth, adding a bit of water if needed to loosen it.
- Season to taste with salt and more cumin if you wish.
- Just before you want to eat, spread some of the hummus on a plate. Top with a few spinach leaves and the beetroot.
- Cut the haloumi into rectangles about 1cm thick and heat a frying pan over medium heat.
- Drizzle the haloumi with olive oil on both sides and fry for 2-3 minutes per side until golden.
- Place the haloumi over the salad, drizzle with a little more oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.