It might be an obvious marketing ploy, but who wouldn't want to celebrate Chocolate Week? From 9th - 15th October chocolate themed activities will take place all over the country. The chocoholics behind it have helpfully provided all the info you'll ever need on the sweet stuff here.
If you'd prefer to celebrate at home, try one of these fabulous recipes:
- Everyone needs a flourless chocolate cake in their repertoire. This one from Fabienne Viner-Luzzato is a must for gluten free guests and a show-off pud at Pesach.
- Children (and many grown ups) will love Amir Battitor's tiny chocolate pop cakes. Decorate them with chopped nuts or popping candy for a different treat.
- Jazz up teatime with these chocolate scones from Adam Gray for Great British Chefs where there are plenty more chocolate recipes.
- Need a fast fix with minimal effort? Try this chocolate fridge cake. Make it with white chocolate but it works just as well with milk or dark choc too.
- If you've a bit more time to spend preparing your chocolate-filled bake, then this chocolate/orange babka from Anne Shooter is well worth the investment of time.