Israel produced another fine performance to go clear at the top of the Group A table at the ICC European Division Two T20 Championships in Corfu.
Spain’s top-order all contributed to a reasonably challenging total of 142-6, James Morgan top-scoring with 37. Armaghan Khan chipped in with 33, Christopher Muñoz-Mills made 24, and Tanvir Iqbal 23.
Herschel Gutman and Danny Hyman then gave Israel a great start with an opening partnership of 60 before Armaghan Khan dismissed Hyman for 42.
Gutman and John Evans put on another 63 for the third wicket. Tanvir Iqbal briefly raised Spanish hopes by trapping Evans (34 from 24 balls) and Gabi Schachat with successive deliveries, but Gutman was still there, and he and Danny Hotz saw their side home with seven balls to spare.
Gutman finished with a run-a-ball 43 not out, while Tanvir Iqbal and Armaghan Khan both took two for 21 for Spain.
1. Israel Pl. 4, W. 4, NRR. +1.23, Pts. 8
2. Spain Pl. 4, W. 3, NRR. +3.26, Pts. 6
3. Estonia Pl. 2, W. , NRR. -0.23, Pts. 4
4. Portugal Pl. 2, W. , NRR. -0.82, Pts. 4
5. Malta Pl. , W. 1, NRR. -1.31, Pts. 2
6. Luxembourg Pl. 0, W. , NRR. -2.21, Pts. 0