One wouldn't normally choose extra-padded jackets and oversized goggles as a look for the sophisticated, let alone the minus temperatures that play havoc on your skin and hair. Mountain style takes some planning. So before you jet off to white snow and beautiful surroundings, ensure you're kitted out like a pro, but a fashionable one.
1. All-in-one ski suits went out with bandanas and Bananarama. Choose two-piece items that are easier to layer up or strip off whatever the scenario.
2. Monochrome always look stylish in the snow. Mix in a few red accessories and you'll be selfie-ready. Alternatively, go for neon brights that bring colour to the slopes that ensures you'll be seen.
3. Moon boots are still making a wave on and off the slope. They're an investment even if you're just taking in the scenery.
4. Wear a helmet, it's an essential part of your ski kit but frequently forgone for trendy headwear. In fact only until recently did it become a legal health and safety requirement to wear one. So consider buying your own and splashing out on fur-lined versions that you'll be proud to wear year on year.
5. Ski hair needs taming. Keep to minimal styles, such as a low ponytail or bun that looks sleek and keep flyaways in order.
6. Pack for the spa. You'll inevitably end up there, so you may as well look the part when you go. Think yoga pants, relaxed wear and lots of cashmere.
7. Après ski is a big part of your holiday so be prepared to dress up in your finest when the lights go down. A trouser suit and maxi dress always turns heads.
8. Bobble hats are back especially with a must-have furry pom-pom on top. Pack a couple that are easily adaptable with the rest of your wardrobe.
9. Your ski goggles will be your best investment. Choose a jazzy colour to add zing to your outfit. Avoid embarrassing ski-goggle marks on your face by slathering on layers of SPF at least an hour before you ski.
10. There's so many adorable ski outfits for children, but don't go spending too much unless you can hand them down. Remember, children grow. A good tip is to buy their jacket a size larger than usual to get your money's worth.