Cooking: 25 mins
Both recipes extracted from: Plants Only Kitchen, Quadrille
- Add the banana, milk, maple syrup and vanilla essence to a mixing bowl. Using a potato masher, mash the banana as much as you can to remove the lumps, then stir in the chia seeds.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into th e banana mixture, then gently fold everything together using a spatula. Don’t overmix or your waffle won’t be light and fluffy when it’s cooked.
- Preheat a non-stick oven-proof griddle pan over a low heat and preheat your grill to high. Add the oil to the griddle pan, and when it’s hot, add enough batter to cover the base of the pan. Use a spatula to help spread the batter into the corners of the pan.
- Allow the waffle to cook for 4–5 minutes before placing the pan under the grill, on the bottom shelf, for 10 minutes.
- While the waffle is cooking, add the compote ingredients to a saucepan.
- Place the pan over a low heat to bubble away until you’re ready to serve, stirring occasionally.
- After 10 minutes under the grill, your waffle should have risen nicely and be lovely and golden on top.
- Top the waffle with the compote and serve with yogurt, fresh mint and maple syrup.