This is a great-tasting cheesecake. You can also bake the filling in an ovenproof dish, then just spoon it out to serve as a pudding.
200g Rich Tea biscuits
150g golden caster sugar
500g cream cheese
500g mascarpone cheese
2 large eggs, beaten
2 tsp vanilla extract or the seeds from 1 vanilla pod
Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
squeeze of lemon juice
Icing sugar, for dusting
● Preheat the oven to 190°C/Fan 170°C/Gas 5.
● Grease a 20cm springform cake tin and line the base with some baking parchment.
● Put the biscuits in a food processor and blitz them
to fine crumbs.
● Melt the butter in a saucepan, then stir in the biscuit crumbs. Tip this mixture into the prepared tin and smooth it to the edges with a spoon.
● In a free-standing mixer or with a hand whisk, beat the sugar with the cream cheese and mascarpone. Add the eggs, vanilla and lemon zest, then a squeeze of lemon juice and stir to combine.
● Carefully pour the mixture on to the biscuit base and gently shake the tin to level the top.
● Bake the cheesecake for 1 hour, covering the top with foil if it starts to look too brown.
● At the end of the hour, turn the oven off and leave the cake in the oven for 2 more hours until cooked through.
● Take the cake out of the oven and leave it to cool completely. Remove it from tin and dust the top with a little icing sugar before serving.