This sweet treat is similar to Rocky Road - always a children's favourite - but uses popcorn instead of marshmallows. These easy-to-make chocolate and popcorn brownies will add another level to a quiet night in with a movie.
● 80g self-raising flour
● 300g icing sugar
● 40g cocoa powder
● 300g dark chocolate
● 180g unsalted butter
● 4 tsp golden syrup
● 1 tsp vanilla extract
● 4 eggs
● 300g white chocolate buttons
● 100g sweet popcorn
● Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a baking tin with parchment paper.
● Sift the flour, icing sugar and cocoa powder into a bowl and set aside.
● Add the dark chocolate, butter and golden syrup to a pan and place over a low heat. Heat until the chocolate melts, then add the vanilla extract and stir to combine.
● Carefully crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk until pale and fluffy - you can use an electric hand-held whisk if you have one.
● Slowly fold the warm melted chocolate mixture into the eggs, then gently fold in the flour mixture until incorporated.
● Add the white chocolate and 50g of the popcorn. Pour the mixture into the lined baking tin and bake for 30 minutes.
● Remove the tray from the oven and allow to cool. Once the brownie is cool enough to handle, remove from the tray, cut into squares and serve with the rest of the popcorn.