- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6.
- Season the lamb. Heat a heavy-based frying pan over a medium–high heat, add the olive oil and brown the lamb for 2–3 minutes on all sides.
- Whizz the garlic, pistachios, herbs, lemon zest and bread in a food
- processor until finely chopped.
- Spread a tablespoon of mustard over each rack of lamb and then coat with the herb mixture, pressing gently so that it sticks.
- Roast for 15–20 minutes: 15 minutes will be very pink. Leave to stand for 10 minutes before carving and serving.
Lamb with pistachio herb crust
Welcome Spring in with this gorgeously green crusted lamb
2 racks of lamb, French trimmed (fat removed and bones cleaned – askyour butcher to do this)
1 tbsp olive oil
3 garlic cloves, peeled
150g shelled pistachios
30g fresh flat-leaf parsley, leaves only
30g fresh mint, leaves only grated zest of 1 lemon
75g crustless bread, a day or two old
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
salt and pepper