The lovely hot citrus flavour of the orange sauce cuts through the sweetness of the lettuces and complements them so well.
Recipe extracted from Plants Only Kitchen
- Add the sauce ingredients to a small saucepan placed over a low heat.
- Let the sauce bubble away for around 15 minutes, stirring every now and then until it has a thick gla ze-like consistency.
- Meanwhile, preheat your griddle pan over a high h eat and add the oil.
- When hot, add the lettuces, cut-side down. Grill on both sides for 2 minutes. I like to get a few charred lines on them; it adds extra flavour.
- To serve, place your grilled let tuce on to a tray or platter and drizzle over plenty of the orange glaze.
- Any leftover glaze can be stored in your fridge in a sealed container for up to 3 weeks.