Here are a selection of Israeli-style recipes fit to get you into the spirit:
1. A perfect dish for a sunny day. Fabienne Viner-Luzzato's laffa bread topped with beef and pine nuts plus Israeli salad will transport you to Tel Aviv.
2. Make it an eco-friendy party, by using leftover root veg to make your hummus with this River Cottage recipe.
3. One of our favourite Sabra chefs, Or Golan has a fabulous lamb, pine nut and tahini kebab recipe that may just be enough to make you go out and buy that charcoal barbecue.
4. Israelis eat salad with EVERYTHING! Even breakfast. This delicous aubergine and tahini salad from Lisa Roukin is glam enough for a party.
5. If you don't fancy meat, try Evelyn Rose's fish kebab marinated in cumin and paprika.
6. If the weather turns or if you can't face hosing down that barbie, what could be more Israeli than shakshuka? Even better, shakshuka served atop a bed of creamy hummus. Israel on a plate with Molly Yeoh's Humshuka . Here's her shakshuka to go on the hum-mus.
7. Serve up a side of this showstopping cauliflower. Grill king Josh Katz's spin on an Israeli classic.
8. The first lady of Israeli food, Janna Gur serves up these delicious chicken wings for her festive feast.
Whatever is on your menu have a tasty celebration.
Happy 70th birthday Israel!