UK

UK government ‘appalled’ by Israel’s decision not to launch criminal case over World Central Kitchen strike

Three Britons were killed in the attack, which Israel said had been the result of ‘serious’ IDF failures

August 21, 2026 13:13
Screenshot2024-04-03at10.52.09.png
(Photo: WCK website)

The government has said it is “appalled” by Israel’s decision not to bring a criminal investigation against soldiers responsible for an airstrike that killed three British aid workers in Gaza.

Stephen Doughty, the Middle East minister, said Britain had pressed Israel for more than two years to deliver “justice and accountability” for the families of John Chapman, James Kirby and James Henderson, who were among seven aid workers killed in the April 2024 attack on a World Central Kitchen (WCK) convoy.

The Labour MP for Cardiff South and Penarth said in a post on X: “Appalled and angry for the families of John Chapman, James Henderson and James Kirby after the Israeli authorities decided to bring no criminal action over the fatal strikes on a @WCKitchen convoy in Gaza.

“For more than two years, we have pressed the Government of Israel to deliver the justice and accountability that the families deserve. This is not good enough. We have raised this with the Israeli authorities today and will continue to push for urgent answers.”

To get more news, click here to sign up for our free daily newsletter.

Support the world’s oldest Jewish newspaper