One of the UK’s most popular takeaway delivery companies has released a list of its “top carb-filled foods to break Passover”.
The suggestions from Deliveroo, the London-based company which allows people to order food from restaurants via its website or app, included schnitzel in pita from the Pita restaurant in Golders Green, cod goujons and chips from the White Fish restaurant in Hendon and the sabich mountain pizza and cheesy dough balls from Pizaza, which has restaurants in both of those areas.
A spokesperson for Deliveroo said it had selected “the best of London’s leavened dishes to help you make the most of your post-Pesach carb binge”.
The company, which includes a number of kosher restaurants on its delivery system, also revealed the most popular kosher and kosher-style dishes people order via its service. Top of the list was chicken and matzo-ball soup from Harry Morgan (St Johns Wood, kosher style), sweet and sour chicken from Met Su Yan (Golders Green and Edgware, kosher) and shwarma in laffa from White House Express (Golders Green, kosher).
Top ordered dishes
1. Chicken Matzo Ball Soup with Noodles from Harry Morgan (NK)
2. Sweet & Sour Chicken from Met Su Yan
3. Shwarma (Laffa) from White House Express
4. Crushed Avocado, Sourdough, Lotus Crisps, & Harissa Drizzle from Zest at Bevis Marks
5. Falafel in Pita from Pita
6. Lambshuka from Hampstead Delicatessen
7. Veggie Moroccan Cigars from Samis
8. Salmon Caesar Salad from SoYo
9. Copper Pan Shakshuka from Head Room
10. Salmon Avocado Maki from White Fish