Preparation: 30 minutes
Cooking: 50 minutes
● 1 cucumber
● 3 large firm tomatoes
● 4 spring onions
● 3 large aubergines
● 6 medium eggs at room temperature
● 100g feta cheese, crumbled
● Olive oil
● Juice of 2 lemons
● Salt and pepper
● 1 tbsp tahini
● ½ tsp harissa
● 100g of spicy mango chutney
● Cut the cucumber in four lengthwise and remove the seeds; cut in very small cubes.
● Halve the tomatoes, remove the seeds and cut into very small pieces.
● Cut the spring onions into small slices and mix with the tomatoes and cucumber in a bowl.
● Heat your oven to 180°C (fan) and line a large oven tray with baking paper.
● Halve the aubergines lengthwise and lay them on the tray and brush generously with olive oil on both sides, adding plenty on the aubergine's flesh.
● Cook on baking paper for 40-50 minutes or until tender and golden brown. Cool.
● In the meantime cook the eggs: boil some water in a large saucepan; add the eggs and put a timer for 6 minutes exactly.
● Cool and peel the eggs then cut in half. The yellow of the eggs should still be a bit runny but the whites fully cooked.
● Season the Israeli salad with 3 tablespoons of olive oil, the lemon juice, salt and pepper and pile onto a large plate or spoon onto individual ones.
● Lay the aubergine slices on top of the Israeli salad, drizzle with the tahini and harissa and arrange the eggs on top.
● Drizzle with mango chutney and sprinkle with feta cheese. Serve with pita or laffah bread.