British Foreign Secretary David Cameron said on Thursday that Israeli settlers responsible for violence against Palestinians would be barred from travelling to the UK.
On Twitter, Cameron accused “extreme settlers” of “undermining security and stability for both Israelis and Palestinians.”
He added: “We are banning those responsible for settler violence from entering the UK to make sure our country cannot be a home for people who commit these intimidating acts.”
Cameron said that: “Israel must take stronger action to stop settler violence and hold the perpetrators accountable.”
This follows a similar plan by the US.
On Monday, Foreign Office minister Andrew Mitchell told MPs in parliament that David Cameron had discussed travel bans with his American counterpart.
Last week, the US Secretary of State Anthony Blinken said the US was implementing a “visa restriction policy targeting individuals believed to have been involved in undermining peace, security or stability in the West Bank.”
Blinken said that the Israeli government needed “to do more to hold accountable extremist settlers who have committed violent attacks against Palestinians in the West Bank.”
Earlier this week, the European Union said they were considering similar sanctions on Israeli "extremist settlers" following violence against Palestinians in the West Bank.
Attacks in the West Bank have sharply increased since Hamas’s deadly attack on October 7.
The Foreign Office has been approached for comment.