- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Cut the carrots in half lengthways, then into diagonal spears approximately 1 cm wide. Place in a bowl and mix with the oil and salt.
- Transfer the carrots to a baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake for 15 minutes, or until crisp and tender.
- To make the tahini dip, combine the tahini, salt and garlic in a large bowl. Whisk in the water and lemon juice until thick and smooth. Leftover dip can be stored in an airtight container for up to a week.
- To make the miso tahini dressing, whisk together all the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and toast the sunflower seeds for 5 minutes, or until golden.
- When ready to serve, smear 2 tablespoons of dressing on a large serving dish.
- In a bowl, dress the rocket with 2 tablespoons olive oil and the lemon juice. Layer the salad on the serving dish with the carrots, sunflower seeds and poppy seeds, then the dressed rocket and red sorrel, reserving some sorrel leaves to garnish.
- Top with the sliced avocado, orange segments and more dressing. Garnish with reserved red sorrel leaves.
Pretty as a picture, this salad goes well with meat or fish, and is superb as part of a grazing table.
Recipe from Feasting by Amanda Ruben, Hardie Grant, £25