Local residents admitted to "being on edge" after a second fire on the same road in Golders Green in four days.
However, the blaze at Taboon restaurant on Russell Parade, Golders Green Road, turned out to be caused by an industrial chip pan.
Four fire engines and the police rushed to the scene of the incident, which occured on the roof of the eatery at around 7pm on Wednesday.
The blaze was quickly extinguished and there were no injuries, despite the presence of ambulance crew.
A female onlooker, who wished to remain anonymous, said she felt people were on edge, after recent fires in Jewish establishments in London and Manchester.
Kay’s kosher supermarket, only 150m away, was gutted over the weekend.
An officer told the JC that tonight's incident: "was a fire that broke out in a chip pan at the back of the restaurant, which spread to the roof.
"It was put quickly by fire officers - and thankfully no-one seems to have been hurt."
Photos showed thick smoke billowing from the ground floor of the restaurant. About 150 local residents gathered outside.
The fire at Kay’s supermarket started at about 7.30am on Sunday, with the flames quickly spreading to a block of flats upstairs. The store was destroyed, while residents were left homeless.