It’s important to make sure your raw ingredients are ripe and full of flavour.
Recipe adapted from Eat More Veg (National Trust), Pavilion
- Start by making the dressing: Tip the basil into the bowl of a mini processor and whizz until finely chopped. Add the garlic and parsley and whizz again to combine. Add the lemon juice and half of the oil, season well with salt and black pepper and blend until almost smooth. Add the remaining oil and whizz once more.
- Set aside for 30 minutes for the flavours to mingle, after which time taste and add more salt and pepper as needed. You can strain the dressing though a fine sieve if you would prefer a smooth vibrant green dressing.
- Heat a ridged griddle pan over a medium-high heat. Halve and stone the peaches and cut into wedges. Brush the cut sides of the peaches with a little olive oil and cook on the hot griddle pan until nicely charred.
- Arrange the rocket on each plate and top with peaches and sliced tomatoes.
- Using your hands, tear the mozzarella balls in half and divide between the plates. Spoon the dressing over each salad, scatter with basil and finish with freshly ground black pepper.