Grilled cheese on matzah is utterly moreish and made in minutes. From there, it was a small step to turn our cheese-laden matzah squares into tortilla-style triangles. Pair them with a bowl of guacamole and you have a speedy, sofa snack or appetiser.
Double the quantity of cheese and matzah for a more substantial meal.
* Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan.)
* Pour boiling water over both sides of each matzah sheet. Do not leave it too long in the water. Repeat with the second sheet and gently shake them dry.
* Put the matzah sheets on a foil-lined baking tray. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
* Bake for 8 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
* To make the guacamole, skin the avocado, remove the stone and chop the flesh roughly. Mash with the remaining ingredients and season to taste. Spoon into a serving bowl.
* Cut the cheese-topped matzah slices into quarters and divide each quarter into two triangles so you have 8 pieces.
* Serve them with the guacamole.