This is a super-easy way to make shwarma style chicken. This recipe uses chicken breasts, which are are leaner, but you can interchange with boneless chicken thighs if you prefer. VP.
Find more healthy recipes here.
- Mix the spices in a jar and tip them into a zip lock bag. You can make extra to make this again.
- Add the chicken breasts to the bag with the lemon juice. Massage the mixture into the chicken and leave to marinade for a few hours, massaging at regular intervals during the marinating time.
- When you are ready to cook, heat your oven to 160°C (fan) or 180°C regular.
- Bake uncovered for about 45 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked throughout. This will depend on the size of the pieces. By baking them whole it will keep the breast nice and moist.
- When cooked, slice into thin strips and serve with Israeli salad and some home-made potato wedges.