Milch is no rush to decide his next step after seeing his hopes of lifting the Southern Area Super welterweight title ended by Matt McCarthy.
The Bushey bruiser was stopped early into the fifth round at York Hall on Saturday night.
It was his first loss in 14 professional fights. But despite seeing his undefeated record ended, Milch hinted he will return to the ring.
He said: "I'm deflated and it will take me a bit of time to get over this. It's a big setback, there's no doubt about that.
"I knew it would be a tough fight against an opponent who has a good record and is a lot younger.
"There is 12 years between us but I knew that. I have no complaints. He took away my jab and I took a big hit.
"I had taken heavier hits earlier on but once my head rocked back like that then the referee was going to stop the fight.
"I think I will be back. I believe I have more to give.
"I just have to think about what's next for me once the dust settles. You can't make any rash decisions."
At 36, age is not on Milch's side. But he believes he must learn the lessons of his loss if he decides to give it another shot.
"I need to look at everything, from my preparation to how I performed," he added.
"I will be looking at how I can do things differently. I realise I'm getting no younger but I started late and I only had plans to carry on for another two years.
"I knew I was putting my head on the block. I'm gutted but well done to my opponent.
"I just have to remember that he had already lost a fight before facing me so it shows you can come back from disappointment."
Milch required stiches to his eye and three to his cheek in the aftermath of the defeat.
The injuries will delay Milch from making any quickfire decisions on his next step.
He said: "I can't box for a while so it will give me time to think and evaluate my future.
"I feel fine. I remember everything about the fight and it's not like he beat me up.
"I was comfortable in the environment but he caught me with a good shot. That can happen to anyone in the ring."