Not many teams win one game on "a cold, dark morning in Essex". The infamous quote from ex-NWN boss Daniel Fox would've been on the minds of Hendon United Sports Club A going into their crucial double-header against Redbridge Jewish Care A, but Hammers boss David Garbacz masterminded back-to-back wins in a Fairlop football marathon, before laying into his favourite team, again.
He told JC Sport: "Six games to go - unbeaten heading into April - this is going to be a torturous few weeks for the 3G boys. As I put my feet up this afternoon I feel a bit like the announcer at Bank station - Norstar mind the gap - Norstar mind the gap."
BEST OF THE REST
- Adam Luria (Catford & Bromley) - "It was really a case of what might have been for us as a display like this is exactly what we've been lacking as we've lost to lesser teams than Norstar in recent weeks"
- Jonathan Ison (Los Blancos) - "A combination of an early kick-off and the clocks going forward meant we didn't really start playing until it was all too late"
- Ric Blank (Oakwood A) - "We felt hard done by in the Anekstein semi, but today we got what we deserved. Raiders will be worthy champions and possibly double winners so to beat them at their 3g pitch is an amazing achievement"
- Rob Richman (NLR A) - QUOTE 1 - "Congratulations to Oakwood - they fully deserve to go through to the semi-final and we very much hope they go on to win the competition. They play the game in the right way and are a credit to the MSFL"
- Rob Richman (NLR A) - QUOTE 2 - "Today wasn’t to be our day and we are all disappointed about that but we have a cup final to look forward to and we can look back on a brilliant league campaign whatever happens over the coming weeks"
- Jon Jacobs (Redbridge JC B) - QUOTE 1 - "The second half performance from my boys was the best I have seen in 12 years of running this team - simple, but magical one-touch passing"
- Jon Jacobs (Redbridge JC B) - QUOTE 2 - "We were facing a completely different FC Team B from the one we comprehensively beat 7-0 a few weeks ago, must be great strength in depth at FC Team"
- David Gordon (FC Team B) - "Jon Jacobs’ comments are rather curious being that the defence that started the game only had one change to it from the game three weeks ago. Perhaps a couple of the boys have had haircuts since the last game and Jon got confused!"
- David Garson (Faithfold C) - "Charlie will not be on penalty duty again!"
- Dan Cordell (L'Equipe) - QUOTE 1 - "Having a bit of jip from the Fortune boys at full time, I want to retract my former Bolton statement as Fortune has actually provided us (along with Norstar) with our toughest fixtures of the season and wish them well for the rest of the season"
- Dan Cordell (L'Equipe) - QUOTE 2 - "We have maintained that if we can keep a run going until the end of the season, we can take the championship, but always knew it was for Norstar to lose and it certainly looked like Phil Peters men bottled it at the last minute so it's in our own hands now to take the title"
- Jonathan Cohen (Temple Fortune) - "Having been called ‘Bolton Wanderers’ by L'Equipe last time, I think they would retract that comment and even concede that we played the better football"
- Ian Tussie (Oakwood B) - QUOTE 1 - "I’m meeting the board tomorrow to discuss my future, they know I want to leave and I know they want me to leave so I think we can come to a final solution whereby I leave"
- Ian Tussie (Oakwood B) - QUOTE 2 - "It's not been easy with this cloud hanging over my head, but hopefully it’ll break soon. The fans have been amazing, chanting my name at the Pavilion End at Old Camdenians and I gave my shirt to one of them after the game (he threw it back at me out of respect) and I want to thank them for following the team this season through thick and thicker"
- Stirling Kay (NW Neasden) - "As a team we gave everything; the lads left nothing on the pitch and as a manager you can ask for no more. We just need to improve in our decision-making. That also includes myself as the manager, I have had better days!"