If you're good enough you're old enough, but this Select XI proved that they could still cut it, at the twilight of their MSFL careers.
1. DAVID GARSON (Faithfold C) - The Flying Potato rolled back the years with some wonderful saves, including a couple of penalties, one of his busiest years in goal in recent history. And somehow, his back survived!
2. DANNY SUGARMAN (Redbridge Jewish Care) - quality, quality, quality. That's what you get with Danny Sugarman every Sunday. Has converted into a footballing full-back and never lets his team down
3. GAVIN SHERMAN (UJIA) - "wise old fox. You know what you get with Gavin. Solid in the air and for a 36-year-old quite nippy on the deck. He has also scored some wonder strikes this season to top off his performances"
4. PETE LAZARD (London Maccabi Lions A) - "like Aviel Schwarz, Pete continues to contribute at a level that defies his 49 years. Provided a cool head in the Lions squad, particularly after a shaky start to the season and Lazard continues to be a real threat attacking set-pieces. He chipped in with three headed goals and marshalled the back-line superbly. That famous green liquid he consumes on matchday has kept him in fine fettle over the years
5. SIMON ALLEN (Temple Fortune B) - the Fortune stalwart had another excellent season and rarely put a foot wrong
6. RICK HARRIS (North West Neasden B) - a shrewd signing by Daniel Hodes, the former Camden Park veteran added quality and experience to a team that struggled for consistency, both in terms of results and consistent availability
7. AVIEL SCHWARZ (London Maccabi Lions A) - at 47, the evergreen Schwarz was ever-present for Lions this season. His dedication, preparation and application provide an unbelievable example for his teammates to follow. Played in numerous positions throughout the season with equal excellence. His delivery from set-pieces remains one of the best in the MSFL and his three league goals came at important times". Still one of the most assured players with the ball at his feet in the league, best passers of the ball and dead-ball experts. I'd have him in my team every day of the week
8. TONY PLASKOW (UJIA) - "can play anywhere on the park. He is creative, defensive, strong in the air and has excellent feet. Another player with years of experience. Has scored some cracking goals this season too"
9. DARYL PHILLIPS (Faithfold A) - no longer an out-and-out striker, Phillips has maintained a high level of fitness and his hunger, commitment, desire and enthusiasm is of the highest order. A strong candidate for the Team GB Maccabiah Masters team
10. BEN SIMONS (Faithfold C) - once again, Faithfold C top-scorer. Lacked support up front but never stopped working, running or believing
11. ADAM BARTON (Faithfold C) - his pace and energy defy his years. At times he played super-sub and impact sub