There were a record number of nominations for JC MSFL Goal of the Week. Here are the runners and riders.
WINNER: - Kane Gilbery (Temple Fortune A) - scored the best goal his manager, Lee Fegan, has ever seen. The boy took the ball from a short throw off his keeper at the edge of his own area and ran down the wing, twisting and turning, losing his opponents, and still had the energy to put in a powerful shot striking the ball into the back of the net. Even Messi, Ronaldo or even Troy Denney, would have been impressed!
- Joel Kutner (Los Blancos) - ran 50 yards, past two Blizzard defenders to slot past the keeper
- Jay Lawrence (Glenthorne B) - smashed home a glorious free-kick, leaving the keeper with no chance
- David Domb (Norstar C) - picked the ball up on the halfway line on the left, brought it forward and smashed a Gareth Bale-like strike into the top corner from 30 yards
- Ben Binder (Redbridge B) - picked the ball up 30 yards from goal, one touch and simply smashed the ball home
- Mitch Hahn (Woodford Wanderers) - a 25-yard rocket with no back lift that flew into the corner of the net off the underside of the bar
- Jono Gaon (Tottenham Chutspah) - scored a cracker of a chip from just outside the box into top corner
- Andy Burke (L'Equipe) – being 4-0 down at half time, L'Equipe needed to score early and straight from the kick-off Andy played a 1-2, took it round five of the opposition before smashing the ball past the hapless keeper
- Richard 'Scotty' Alexander (L'Equipe) – a class goal - a neat passing move finished off by an audacious chip from just outside the box
- Mike Pearson (LM Lions A) - took a deft touch inside of his defender before unleashing an unstoppable curling left footed effort into the top left hand corner. Few better goals will be seen at this level of football
- Rocky Spitzer (Faithfold A) - a superb run and finish as he unleashed a sweet left footed strike across Singer into the side netting