- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Cutting horizontally, slice a ‘cap’ off the top of each tomato, so as to reveal the seedy pulp inside.
- Using a small, sharp knife, carefully loosen the pulp from the tomato sides, then scrape out with a spoon, making four hollow tomato shells.
- Sprinkle inside the tomato shells with a little salt to draw out and remove excess juices, then turn upside down and set aside.
- Combine the salmon, breadcrumbs, peas, and lemon juice and tomato pulp in a bowl.
- Carefully fill the tomato ‘footballs’ with the salmon mixture and arrange on a baking dish lined with baking parchment .
- Top with the grated parmesan/Cheddar cheese if using.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
I always tried to introduce new flavours to my children from an early age so that their taste buds and palate could develop. If you prefer, you could make this recipe using smaller tomatoes and pretend you have lots of mini “footballs”!