- Heat the olive oil, onions, sweet potato and coriander in a large saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add the chick peas and stock.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until potatoes are cooked through. Season to taste.
- Puree soup using a stick blender or liquidizer until smooth.
- Reheat before serving.
- For the garnish: place the chick peas on a tray lined with baking parchment.
- Drizzle over some extra virgin olive oil, dried coriander, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Roast for 20 minutes on 200°C for 20 minutes or until golden and crispy. Remove and set aside.
- Reheat soup when ready to serve and garnish with roasted chick peas
Sweet potatoes and pureed chick peas have a magical way of producing a very ‘creamy’ texture together. Topped with slightly spiced chick peas this makes a delicious healthy and vegan soup for the whole family.