- Preheat the oven to 190°C (170°C fan)
- Mix butter and sugar together until light and fluffy — around 4-5 mins on high speed in a mixer. Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl a couple of times during mixing
- Add the egg and mix into the fluffy buttery sugar mixture.
- Sift the cocoa powder, flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a bowl and add to the wet mixture in two halves mixing slowly after each addition. Do not over mix. Stop as soon as the flour is incorporated
- Spoon 20g portions onto trays lined with parchment, and roll each one into a ball.
- Put some caster sugar in a bowl and dip a flat-bottomed glass into it. Push the glass onto each ball to flatten it to around 2cm. If you fancy, use a little silver or gold glitter to make these sparkle!
- Bake for 9 minutes then cool on a wire rack.
These delicious biscuits can be eaten as they are or you can fill them with a thin layer of buttercream icing to make them sandwich biscuits. Even better, fill them with gorgeous gooey marshmallow fluff — kids just can’t get enough of them! They can be stored in an airtight container for a few days.
Find Stacey’s recipe for marshmallow fluff on her YouTube channel, Stacey Dee’s Kitchen.