- Heat oven to 190°C (170°C fan).
- Whisk the eggs, milk and vanilla extract in a jug.
- Beat together the rest of the ingredients in a stand mixer with a paddle attachment until well mixed.
- Add the egg, milk and vanilla extract mixture and mix until smooth.
- Spoon into cupcake cases to full and bake for 18-20 mins until a skewer comes out clean when pushed into the centre of one. Take the cupcakes from the tin and leave to cool completely on a wire rack.
- While the cupcakes are baking make your icing
- In your stand mixer beat the butter with the milk, vanilla extract and ⅓ of the icing sugar until smooth. Slowly add the rest of the icing sugar and food colouring until you're happy with the colour and the icing is smooth and creamy.
- Put the icing nozzle into the icing bag and then fill it with the buttercream.
- Once the cupcakes are completely cold, start icing a spiral shape from the middle of the cupcakes, slowly working your way round and round to the edge of each cake to make a beautiful rose.
- If you want to add a little bit of bling to your cakes, spray with gold glitter spray.
- Store in an airtight box in the fridge. Take out at least 30 mins before eating to soften the icing.
The glittery rose icing design makes these so pretty and appeals to adults and kids. I often make a batch to take to a friend, they certainly make people smile and that makes me happy! The mixture makes 12 large cakes plus a small taster one.
You will need
12 hole muffin tray and muffin cases
Red/pink food colouring (I love electric pink!)
Wilton 1m icing nozzle and an icing bag
Gold glitter pump spray
Find more of Stacey's recipes and tips on her Youtube channel, Stacey Dee's Kitchen