These delicious latkes won't last long so make plenty.
● 2 large eggs
● 350ml of orange juice
● 300g of self-raising flour
● 150g of caster sugar
● 1 tsp of vanilla sugar
● 1 tsp of cinnamon
● 4 medium-size apples (McIntosh or Empire), peeled and grated
● 50g of raisins, optional
● Sunflower or vegetable oil for frying
● Mix the eggs with the orange juice. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, sugar, vanilla sugar and cinnamon together.
● Combine the two mixtures and add the grated apples.
● Heat the oil in a frying pan, and with a tablespoon, form your latkes and fry them for about 2 minutes each, turning them over to get a golden colour on both sides. Put them on a plate lined with kitchen paper to absorb the excess oil.
● Serve with honey and natural yogurt or crème fraîche. Dust with cinnamon and icing sugar.