- Thinly slice the cucumber crosswise at an angle or cut into 1 -2 cm dice.
- Quarter and core the apples and chop them into thin half-moons - or into similar sized pieces as the cucumber. Put in a bowl with a tablespoon of lemon juice and mix to coat and stop them browning.
- Remove the pomegranate seeds.
- In a jar, mix the olive oil, cider vinegar, a pinch of salt and a pinch of caster sugar. Shake to combine.
- On large serving platter, layer cucumber the apple and pomegranate seeds.
- Drizzle with the dressing.
- Scatter with the chopped dill and serve immediately.
The shower of pink pomegranate seeds make this a beautiful addition to a buffet table or just a centre piece salad for a Shabbat meal.
I've sliced the apple and cucumber thinly, but it looks just as pretty diced into chunks for a more rustic appearance.