- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan.
- Check the cod and remove any bones. Lay the fillets on an oiled oven dish.
- Prepare the pesto by blitzing the ingredients to a smooth paste in a small food processor or with a stick blender. It may be coarser in a food processor.
- Cover each fillet, with about a tablespoon. You can store any leftover in the fridge in a glass jar with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil on the top layer. It is great as a pasta or salad dressing.
- Top the pesto with a thin layer of chopped olives. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and cook in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Cod works beautifully with pesto and olives as they are all strong flavours and balance each other well. I like to make my own pesto and for this version I use ground almonds instead of pine nuts, but any nut would do, or without if you want a stronger basil taste.
I also like to mix pecorino and parmesan, but you can stick to only parmesan instead.
Each element can be prepared in advance and it is quick and easy to assemble at the last minute and cook.