- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-assisted).
- Line a baking tray with baking parchment or a silicone baking mat and lay the cauliflower florets for the garnish on the tray.
- Drizzle the rapeseed oil over the cauliflower and season. Place the tray in the oven and bake for 40 minutes, turning the cauliflower every 10 minutes to prevent burning. Once roasted, set aside.
- In a large (5 litre) sauce pan, heat the oil with the sliced shallots and sauté until translucent and soft. Add the carrots and continue stirring over a gentle heat. Add the cauliflower, season with salt and pepper, turmeric and coconut sugar and continue to stir until the vegetables are coated.
- Add the bouillon powder and stir into the vegetables until coated.
- Pour in the boiling water, bring to a boil and simmer over a gentle heat with lid on for 30 minutes.
- Once cooked, using a hand stick blender, blend until creamy and smooth and garnish with the crispy roasted cauliflower, coriander and chilli oil.
This soup is packed with antioxidants, vitamins and nutrients. It’s also deliciously creamy and dairy free. Turmeric contains curcumin, said to have powerful anti-inflammatory properties. It does colour utensils a shade of orange — I find steel utensils best when cooking with it.