See more from Fabienne here.
- Slice the two medium size aubergines into 1.5cm thick pieces and brush them with olive oil on both sides.
- Lay them on a baking dish lined with baking paper and roast them in the oven for about 25 - 30 minutes at 180 degrees centigrade (fan) until they are golden brown.
- Peel the large aubergine at cut it into large cubes — about 3cm.
- In a large cooking pot add the diced aubergine, the whole pepper and the unpeeled garlic head and cover with boiling water.
- Add salt and boil for 15-20 minutes.
- Drain well, then peel the skin from the pepper and squash the garlic to extract the puree. Discard all the skins.
- Roughly mash the aubergine, garlic and pepper with a fork.
- Add the lemon juice, the harissa or more to your taste, salt, pepper and the 3 tablespoons of olive oil and mix well.
- Serve the sliced aubergines on a platter, each topped a teaspoon of the aubergine/pepper/garlic puree. Top each one with a parsley leaf.