- Heat oven to 180°C. In a bowl mix together the crushed digestives and melted butter, once combined press into the bottom of a lined but ungreased 20cm loose bottom cake tin.
- Beat together the soft cheese and sugar until smooth then add the eggs one by one, mixing after each addition.
- Fold in the chopped apple pieces then pour the mix on top of the digestive base.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until set. Once out of the oven leave to cool for 20 minutes. Remove cheesecake from the tin on to a serving plate and chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Once chilled you can layer on your decorative apple pieces and serve with a drizzle of Joe and Seph’s Brandy Butter Caramel Sauce
I love a bit of Joe and Seph’s popcorn and must have eaten my body weight in the crunchy golden kernels when I visited their kitchens. Read about it here.
For Shavuot, they have given us this amazing sounding cheesecake. As if it weren’t indulgent enough, they suggest topping it with their Brandy Butter Caramel Sauce…
If you’re still deliberating which cheesecake to make this weekend, this is definitely one to consider. And why stop at one?!
160g crushed digestives
125g butter, melted
200g soft cheese
1 apple chopped into small pieces (leave a few slices for decoration)
To serve: 1 jar of Joe & Seph’s Brandy Butter Caramel Sauce to serve