Two go through as Maccabi boys fly flag

By Craig Silver, September 26, 2008

Two Maccabi League teams have reached the third round of the London FA Sunday Intermediate Cup.

Montana Boca United A won their debut match in the competition with Trevor Henen (2) and Gary Cohen on target in a 3-1 victory. Joint-manager Elan Ovits said: "We stepped up a gear in the second half, beating a formidable opposition with three very well taken goals."

They meet Clapton Rangers or Shoots & Leaves in round three.

Michael Fields and Paul Lenchner steered Faithfold A past Cool Oak Rangers in a 2-1 win.

In the JC MSFL, goals from Ricky Kennet (2), Jake Gottlieb, Lee Cash and Matt Stock helped North West Neasden A thump London Maccabi Lions B 5-0. "It was just like watching Brazil," claimed Neasden joint-manager Jamie Cole.

Aaron Lawee scored the only goal as Bafana Bafana overcame Glenthorne United A.

A Jamie Kent hat-trick plus two from brother Daniel and one from Shai Davidi helped South Manx A go two points clear at the top of Division One with a 6-3 win over Camden Park. Darren Saffer, Gideon Barnett and Lee Levinson replied.

Two goals from new signing Josh Rosenfeld, including a last-minute penalty, earned Brady Maccabi a 2-2 draw against Chigwell Athletic B. Paul Hizer bagged a brace for the East Londoners.

Jamie Kaye scored for Brixton Old Boys as they drew with Faithfold B.

In Division Two, a Steve Silver treble helped North London Raiders B thrash FC Heath 6-1. Darren Gerard, Jamie Freed and Rik Sherman completed a 6-1 victory.

Holy Mount Zion beat Rapid Banta 5-3 thanks to goals from Simon Laub (3) and Eddie Walton (2). Simon Cooper, Jeff Gross and Simon Kaye scored for Banta.

A Scott Levy inspired display helped London Maccabi Lions C go joint-top after beating Red Sea 3-0. Danny Alexander added a third.

Alex Bourne (3) and Jonathan Hirshler found the net as Southgate Harmen A beat Southgate Harmen B 4-2. Simon White scored both goals for the B's who had a penalty saved by Andy Okin. A niggly affair saw Ian Bean sent off for Harmen A.

Player-manager Andrew Souber preserved Temple Fortune's unbeaten start with the opener against Faithfold C. The Greens levelled during the first half via a Ricky Lawrence penalty.

Hendon United C went goal crazy as a treble from Aryeh Goldring, Ben Russell (2), Rafi Noe, Adam Hersh, Eyal Taylor and Shuey Mirwis earned them to a 9-1 win over South Manx B. Warren Schenk claimed the consolation.

Another Jason Miller hat-trick saw L'Equipe beat Catford & Bromley 7-3. Jamie Rosen and Simon Isaacs scored for Montana B as they held AC Cricklewood 2-2. James Temple and Mark Ratzker replied for Wood. Adam Rones (3), Adam Goldsmith (2), Darren Freed and Jonathan Breger eased FC Team A to a 7-4 win against Pure Orange Function Band. Neive Gilat's first-half goal was enough for nine-man Zig Zag to get their season up and running against nine-man Dynamo Hendon.

Darren Ezekiel, Alex Aviram, Harrison Midda and Manny Simberg helped Woodford Wanderers go top of Division Four with a 4-2 win over UJIA.

Three goals from Maurice Franks helped UJS Norstar continue their impressive start with victory in a seven-goal thriller over East London Knights. Justin Bell, Steve Clements and Danny Franklin replied.

A Remi Berthon strike earned FC Marylebone their first point of the season in a 1-1 draw at Glenthorne United B. Jamie Weinrich had given the Glenthorne the lead but he turned from hero to villain after missing a penalty. Hendon Hawks made it two out of two thanks to goals from Amit Dinowitz and Danny Kon against Team JLGB for whom Neil Lux replied.

Goals from Daniel Braunold, Josh Caplin, Alex Neiss and Daniel Minsky helped Hendon United D beat Real Life 4-2. Nick Riesel and Charlie Bernstein replied.

Last updated: 12:14pm, September 25 2008