Tigers on cloud nine

September 22, 2008

Sunday 21st September saw a scorcher of a double header feature Alyth Belsize Under 9's against Hendon Hawks Tigers at Mill Hill Park.

Match One - Hendon Hawks Tigers 9 Alyth Belsize 0

The first of the double header saw the crowd entertained by the fabulous football on display as the Hawks opened the scoring within minutes, after some excellent exchange of passes. David Amor slotted the ball beyond the Alyth keeper to put the Tigers one up.

The opener was followed by a Hawks second goal after Akiva Restan stepped up to take the first corner of the game. He whipped in the corner from the left to find the back of the net. Akiva Restan began to get a taste for goal as a couple of minutes later he won the ball near the edge of the Alyth penalty area and drilled the ball into the left hand bottom corner.

The Hawks continued to pressurise the Alyth goal as an Akiva Restan corner met the hand of an Alyth defender.

This resulted in the referee awarding the Hawks a penalty and a chance to put the game beyond doubt. Akiva stepped up to take the spot kick and calmly placed the ball past the keeper for his hat-trick, midway through the first half of the game which ended 0-4.

After the break they extended their lead further with Amor latching onto a misplaced goal kick by the Alyth keeper, to slot in a fifth from range, to edge the Hawks further in front. The Hawks Central Midfielder, Matti Karp, waded in on the action and his hard work was rewarded, after some good footwork allowed him to shake off the Alyth defenders, to find the space needed to slot in his first of the game and the Hawks sixth.

Hendon Hawks continued to dominate the game with slick passing and moving. Akiva Restan midway through the second half slotted home another goal for the soaring Hawks after Matti Karp played the ball into Akiva's path, which paved the way for Akiva to dribble the ball beyond the Alyth defenders and score.

Amor wrapped up a fantastic game up front with a hat-trick, as his close control enabled him to dribble past a couple of Alyth defenders, before burying the ball beyond the keeper for 0-8.

The Hawks performance in the first match was wrapped up with about three minutes to spare as Restan grabbed his fifth of the game, after he ran in from the left to strike the ball beyond the Alyth keeper, giving the Hawks Tigers a 9-0 away victory.


Match Two - Alyth Belsize 2 Hendon Hawks Tigers 9

The second match of the double header was not so straightforward as the Tigers roaring start to the new season looked in doubt early on with Alyth Belsize stealing the initiative and grabbing the opener after two minutes.

The Hawks, looked all over the place. There was a lack of passing and movement as well as fluency which had benefited the Hawks in the previous game.

The Tigers did however, manage to get back into the game with a strike from Restan who grabbed the equaliser. Amor also chipped in with a goal to put the Hawks in front.

Just before half time Karp emerged with another goal for the Hawks to put them 3-1 ahead at the break.

The Hawks were back on roaring form with their passing and moving style football, which opened the Alyth defence and allowed Matti Karp to strike from distance and grab a brace.

The Hawks continued to improve as the game went on. Akiva's second of the game began in the Hawks Tigers own area as Akiva won the ball and brought it up from the back. Akiva then slipped the ball into the feet of Matti Karp who looked up and played the ball into the feet of David Amor, Meanwhile Akiva stormed foward down the left to provide David with an option off the ball. David picked out Akiva with a pass into Akiva's feet. Akiva controlled the ball and struck it into the net for his second and the Hawk's fifth of the game, epitomising a great team performance.

The sixth goal for the Hawks gave Akiva Restan his hat-trick. Karp was also a hat-trick hero in the second game, as great work from Amor down the right saw him beat two Alyth defenders and cross the ball

into the penalty area where Matti and Avishai Marcus were waiting. Matti calmly slotted the ball into the Alyth net for the Hawks seventh of the game.

The Tigers then switched off for a minute which allowed Alyth Belsize to punish them as a solo effort by one of the Alyth players saw Alyth grab a second goal.

The Hawks then began to concentrate again and Amor grabbed a brace before Marcus scrambled in his first of the afternoon to maintain the Tigers roaring start to the season emerging 9-2 victors in the second match.



Last updated: 1:34pm, September 22 2008