King Keterman puts Neasden in last four

By Craig Silver, February 5, 2009
Double shift: Neasden Tony Keterman (right) was the matchwinner

Double shift: Neasden Tony Keterman (right) was the matchwinner

Two goals from Tony Keterman helped North West Neasden A come from behind to reach the London FA Sunday Challenge Cup semi-finals for the first time.

Keterman’s double helped the JC MSFL Premier Division leaders beat Panthea 2-1 at Cheshunt FC.

Joint-manager Jamie Cole said: “Most of their team represent their Greek-Cypriot League who won the competition last year. It just shows how far Neasden as a club have come this season. We had to battle at times, harder then we ever had this season.”

Three goals from Gav Noe eased Hendon United B into the fourth round of the Peter Morrison Trophy as they thumped Brixton Old Boys 8-0. Martin Smulovitch (2), David Atkins (2) and Rafi Kon completed the scoring.

Avidan Last (2), Saul Conway, Greg Corin, Josh Lipman and Dovid Korman put Hendon A into round three after hitting Red Sea for six.

Daniel Stone was the matchwinner as Montana Boca United B overcame Catford & Bromley Maccabi.

Extra-time strikes from Danny Kon and Yoni Weichselbaum earned Hendon Hawks a 2-1 win over FC Marylebone.

Goals from Andrew Binstock, Simon Hecker and Gary Cohen gave Montana A their first win in the JC MSFL Premier Division as they beat Bafana Bafana 3-0. Montana played 85 minutes with 10 men after Simon Peterman was sent off for a two-footed challenge. Keeper Ben Law saved a penalty.

Paul Lenchner (2) lifted Faithfold A to fourth as they beat Redbridge Jewish Care 2-1. Daniel Orgel replied.

A last-minute penalty miss from Tony Gold saw London Maccabi Lions A miss the chance to leapfrog London Maccabi Lions B as the teams finished locked 2-2. In all, Lions A were awarded three spot kicks with Ben Joseph scoring one and missing another. Sam Arghebant was Lions’ other scorer. Pete Lazard and Josh Morris replied.

Oakwood EDRS moved to within three points of Division One leaders South Manx A after beating Faithfold B 4-1. Rob Bloch, Gary Bloch, Matt Geey and Ian Tussie were the scorers.

Jonny Silver and substitute Matt Sheldon earned North London Raiders A a 2-0 victory over Camden Park.

Nicky Woolf kept alive North London Raiders B’s Division Two title hopes as they edged past Rapid Banta.

A header from Dan Sasto helped Southgate Harmen B come from behind twice to beat Temple Fortune 3-2. Simon White bagged a brace. John Fisher and Daniel Natoff netted for Fortune who were denied a third when Harmen keeper Elliott Gordon saved a penalty from Ben Isaacs.

Mitch Young (4), David Silver and David Wexler kept FC Team B four points clear in Division Three as they beat Zig Zag 6-2. Richard Winton and Nick Roman replied.

Hot on their heels are FC Team A who came from behind to beat Pure Orange Function Band 7-2. Richard Salmon (3), Adam Rones (2), Simon Buchler and Darren Freed were the goal men. Louis Taylor and Gabriel John replied.

AC Cricklewood’s Mark Wagman made it six in two games with four goals in 5-3 win over South Manx B. Rob Wilson added the other. Rob Lerner, Richard Fogelman and David Simonson replied for the Manx.

A Craig Edwards treble helped East London Knights return to the top of Division Four on goal difference after beating UJIA 3-1. Gil Jennings struck for the U’s.

Jeremy Elster and an own goal maintained UJS Norstar’s title hopes as they beat Hendon United D 2-1.

Real Life overcame Pinner JFC 4-2 with goals from Jonny Bruck, Lewis Cohen, Jamie Myers and Paul Franklin. David Grossman and Josh Sasto replied.

Peter Morrison 4th round draw

Westdene 1st vs Brady Maccabi or Montana A
Hendon Hawks or NL Raiders A vs Manchester Maccabi 1st
LML A vs Camden Park or Chigwell A/NW Neasden B
Harmen A vs South Manx A
Hendon B vs Hendon A
Glasgow vs Glenthorne United A
NW Neasden A vs Faithfold A
Montana B or Maccabi Masters vs Leeds Maccabi

    Last updated: 12:14pm, February 5 2009