JC Olim round-up

By Danny Caro, April 1, 2011

Champions England FC finished off the season in style as they completed the season undefeated.

They beat Jaffa City 3-1 to cap a memorable season where they scored 31 times and conceded just five.

With the title already in the bag, they played second place Jaffa and it was Jaffa who got out the blocks quicker and seemed much more intent on winning.

Jaffa deservedly struck first when Rani Madmon was played through by Asaf Shapira and, after a great first touch, he volleyed into the far corner.

From then on in it was one-way traffic as England started to play their normal passing game and continued to prod the Jaffa back line with Tal Stern missing the best of the chances after being on the end of a slick attack.

It took a set-piece to beat the Jaffa keeper as ex-FC Heath midfielder Lewis Kaye out-foxed him with a well-placed free-kick from outside the area making it 1-1 at half time.

The second half was much the same as England controlled the tempo but Jaffa held strong and tried to counter where possible. They were nearly made to pay but Arial Solomon was aware to any danger.

At the other end, Yaron Galinsky and Yarden both missed sitters that should have put the game to bed but England had to wait till the hour mark to take the lead when this time. Having had a strike disallowed for a push moments earlier, Yaron fired home from close range.

The third was soon coming and Kaye and Yuval worked the ball down the left and Lewis drilled it in for Yarden to nod home from close range.

Jaffa pushed men forward but could not find the goal to get them back into it and the game finished 3 -1.

Both teams both now look to the cup as England chase a double.

Raanana claimed the second division title with a convincing 5-2 victory over Modiin.

Having narrowly missed out on the top half of the table (before the league was split into two), Ra'anana are clearly the most improved team of the season.

Meanwhile, the 'wooden spoon' clash saw Aviv City beat Netanya 2-1.

With one point separating the teams, a win for either team would see that team finish seventh and the other eighth.

Aviv City started stronger and dominated possession but could not convert it into a goal and the score was goalless at half time.

The second half began in the same vein with Aviv City controlling the ball and eventually saw a goal come in the way of a lovely move ending with Raz Bauer slotting it home.

Netanya did not lie down and they levelled against the run of play.

Then Aviv City co-manager Uri Schneider came back on - after being subbed earlier on - and with just 10 minutes to go, attacked down the left and scored a great goal for City to win it.

They finish their first season as a club in seventh placed with Netanya propping up the table.

Last updated: 11:56am, April 1 2011