Hartsbourne win Met golf tournament
Follow The JC on Twitter
Players battled it out at The Met at Coombe Hill
Hartsbourne claimed the first piece of silverware of the Jewish golf season after winning the Metropolitan Golf Tournament.
Organised under the auspices of the Association of Jewish Golf Clubs & Societies, this year's tournament was held at Coombe Hill Golf Club.
Teams featuring eight men and four women battled it out from affiliated clubs in London, with Abridge, Dyrham Park, Coombe Hill, Hartsbourne and Potters Bar lining up alongside the Sussex Jewish Golf Society.
Hartsbourne's victory was confirmed after they tied with Coombe Hill.
Organisers calculated the result by including all the scores of all the competitors to leave Hartsbourne triumphant by two shots, and the trophy was presented to Club Captain Andy Grant.
The winner of the overall prize saw Hartsbourne record lowest gross aggregate score of the six best men's scores combined with the best three ladies' scores.
Coombe Hill proved a tough challenge for the competitors. The conditions were benign but the course, although being presented in superb condition, asked difficult questions of the best golfers from the participating clubs.
The difficulty did not prevent Hartsbourne's Jeremy Bohn compiling an excellent round of 71 to win the Coombe Hill Cup for the best men's individual gross score. The runner-up was Gareth Blease of Coombe Hill with a score of 72.
In the ladies individual competition, Coombe Hill's Rosie Davies returned a score of 84 and won the Shirley Porter Cup for the best women's individual gross.
● Sonia Bowman Cup: Best Individual Nett – Lisa Mapletoft (Coombe Hill) 80
● Shirley Porter Cup: Best Individual Gross – Rosie Davis (Coombe Hill) 84
● Jubilee Cup: Best Team Nett – Hartsbourne 238
● Abridge Cup: Best team gross – Coombe Hill 271
● Sybil Tankel Cup: Runner-up Individual Gross – Anna Suh (Coombe Hill) 87
● Potters Bar Cup: Best Individual Nett – Stephen Schindler (Hartsbourne) 72
● Coombe Hill Cup: Best Individual Gross – Jeremy Bohn (Hartsbourne) 71
● Dyrham Park: Best Team Nett – Coombe Hill 452
● Harstbourne Bowl: Best Team Gross – Hartsbourne 461
● Jerry Tankel Cup: Runner-up Individual Gross - Gareth Blease (Coombe Hill) 72
● Lawrence Fisher Cup: Best Team Nett – Coombe Hill 691
● Sonny Feldman Cup (Metropolitan Trophy) – Hartsbourne 740