Neasden seal quarter final place

March 25, 2010
Let’s have another: Ben Wulwick

Let’s have another: Ben Wulwick

North West Neasden B booked their place in the quarter-finals of the Peter Morrison Trophy after beating Division One rivals Redbridge B 4-2.

Bradley Sharp, Ben Wulwik (below), Stevie Krein and an own goal helped them through. Mike Konzon and Jamie Cooper replied for RJC.

Hendon United A moved a step closer to retaining the JC Cyril Anekstein Cup after thumping London Maccabi Lions B 4-0 with goals from Avidan Last (2), Motti Korman and Michael Slavinsky.

They were joined in the semi-finals by Neasden A who completed the comeback of the day after beating Montana A 3-2. Toby Lustigman and Trevor Henen had put the first division team 2-0 up with six minutes remaining. But strikes from Jake Gottlieb, Darren Yarlett and a stoppage time effort from Lee Cash saved Neasden's blushes.

An early double from Josh Morris helped Lions A squeeze past Division One leaders North London Raiders A 2-1. Jonny Blain pulled one back with the last kick of the first half but Lions held firm to progress.

Jonny Haik (2) and Adam Littas earned South Manx a 3-3 draw against Hendon B in the JC MSFL Premier Division. Chaim Gothold (2) and Amit Dinowitz replied.

Southgate Harmen A boosted promotion hopes with a 7-1 demolition of Camden Park in Division One. Alan Lee (2), Alex Bourne, Jonathan Hirshler, Ben Foreman, Grant Taylor and an own goal eased them home. Paul Gottesman grabbed a consolation for Camden.

A five-goal salvo from Steve Bloom took North London Raiders B seven points clear at the top of Division Two. They came from behind to hammer Temple Fortune 6-2. Richard Bloom claimed the other. Rob Benson, with his 29th goal of the campaign, and Daniel Natoff were the Fortune marksmen.

Second placed Lions C drew 1-1 against struggling Rapid Banta. Paul Samuels put Banta ahead but Craig Henry squared things up for a Lions side who finished with nine men due to injuries.

Glenn Michaels and Doron Weinstein helped Chigwell Athletic past Southgate Harmen B. FC Team A claimed a pair of 1-0 wins over FC Team B in a double-header. Mitch Young fired the winner in the opener. Danny Moss found the net in part two.

A last-minute penalty from Jerome Marks helped Woodford Wanderers win the top of the table clash against Montana B in Division Three. Mitch Hahn put Woodford in front, heading home an Elliot Gold Cross. Mark Simons levelled but Hahn was brought down and Marks showed ice cool nerve from the spot.

Raphael Noe (2), Shuey Mirwis and Ben Russell helped Hendon C maintain their promotion push with a 4-2 win at FC Heath.

Yaniv Ohana (2) and Manu Heymann helped FC Marylebone complete a league double over Zig Zag. Ohana went from hero to villain after being sent off for violent conduct. Josh Toff grabbed a consolation for the Zeds.

A Jason Miller double kept alive L'Equipe's promotion hopes as they bypassed Catford & Bromley Maccabi.

David Blackman's 21st goal of the season plus one from Daniel Lipman boosted Glenthorne United's Division Four title challenge as they edged past Athletic Bilbaum. Simon Finkelstein replied.

Hendon United D dented UJS Norstar B's title hopes as Gideon Lipman and Dov Birnbaum wrapped up a 2-0 success. Paul Black (2), Matt Frolich, Barry Green and top-scorer Joe Callum earned Team JLGB a 5-2 victory at Jewventus. Jonny Bruck (3), Kenny Markeson (2) and Paul Franklin were on the mark as Real Life thumped Pinner JFC 6-1. Jordan Segal replied.

Last updated: 1:33pm, March 25 2010