Field boys register home win
Follow The JC on Twitter
Ben Brownson of Dunham Forrest
The healthy future of Jewish golf was shown to its full degree when the best young players represented their clubs at the National Junior Bowl held in Whitefield Golf Club.
The Manchester club triumphed as the overall winner of the Junior Bowl and were rewarded with the Coombe Hill Trophy. The Hartsbourne Trophy for best team net was won by Shirley in a competition held under the auspices of the Association of Jewish Golf Clubs & Societies.
The testing Whitefield course was presented in wonderful condition, but notwithstanding the difficulty, the weekend saw some truly great performances. The highlight saw Luke Allen of Shirley claiming the Abridge Trophy for the best gross with a score of 69. He edged out Whitefield's Rob Batchelor by two shots.
The Dunham Forest Trophy for the best net was won by Alex Howarth of Whitefield.
He returned a score of 63, with Greg Berg of Hartsbourne securing the Potters Bar trophy for runner-up after a card playoff from Luke Allen and Joe Norton of Shirley.
The fourball scores were just as spectacular, with Whitefield pair Jordan Whitehouse and Rob Batchelor scoring gross 65 to win the Lee Park Trophy whilst the Dyrham Park Trophy for best net went to Hartsbourne's Harrison Baum and Josh Burchhardt.
An AJGCS spokesman said: " The two-day competition reflected the hard work of the Junior organisers of the Clubs taking part and the Association look forward to wider support next year.
"Whilst these events are a good introduction to competitive golf, the Association feels that the friendships made will enhance the strength of Jewish golf as the youngsters transcend into senior competition.
"Whitefield proved superb hosts with not only in regard to golf but also their hospitality throughout the weekend."
● DYRHAM PARK TROPHY (Winner Fourball net): Harrison Baum & Josh Burchhardt (Hartsbourne) 59
● BONNYTON TROPHY (Runner-up Fourball net): James Dermott & Joseph Davies (Lee Park) 60
● LEE PARK TROPHY (Winner Fourball gross): Jordan Whitehouse & Rob Batchelor (Whitefield) 65
● POTTERS BAR TROPHY (Runner-up Singles net): Greg Burke (CPO Luke Allen & Joe Norton (S)) (Hartsbourne) 64
● DUNHAM FOREST TROPHY (Winner Singles net): Alex Howarth (Whitefield) 63
● MOOR ALLERTON TROPHY (Runner-up Singles gross): Rob Batchelor (Whitefield) 61
● ABRIDGE TROPHY (Winner Singles gross): Luke Allen (Shirley) 69
● HARTSBOURNE TROPHY (Winner Team net): Shirley 287
● WHITEFIELD TROPHY (Runner-up Team net): Whitefield 391
● SHIRLEY TROPHY (Runner-up Team gross): Shirley 433
● COOMBE HILL TROPHY (Overall Junior Bowl winner): Whitefield 432